Eyelid surgery, medically known as blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure for enhancing the appearance of the eyelids. It can be performed on either lower or upper lids, or both. Whether you are experiencing any functional problems or wish to improve your appearance, it is one surgical procedure that can rejuvenate the area around your eyes.
Listed below are conditions which a blepharoplasty surgery can treat;
- Fine wrinkles and excess skin on the lower eyelid
- Excess fatty deposits which appear in the form of puffiness in the eyelids
- Drooping lower eyelids that make the white beneath the iris visible
- Sagging or loose skin that disturbs the naturally appearing contours of the upper eyelid, in some cases, it also impairs vision; or creates folds.
- Bags under the eyes
Are you wondering who the good candidate for this type of surgery is? Read on..
- Those who do not have any kind of serious eye condition
- Physically fit and healthy people who are not suffering from any kind of life threatening medical conditions or illness that can impair recovery or healing process
- Those who have specific goals and positive outlook for this surgery
Eyelids are an important part of the face. Upper Eyelids might appear droopy because of relaxation of the eyebrow and forehead skin. In some cases, drooping eyelids occurs due to stretching of the one of the upper eyelid muscles, the levator. Blepharoplasty surgeon will evaluate patient’s anatomy for determining the causes of eyelid appearance before recommending the best technique for the surgery.